Have you inherited a home that you do not intend to keep? That’s perfectly fine, and it happens all the time in Kansas City and across the country.
Whether it’s an old home that you’re not prepared to refurbish or you don’t know how to share it with other family members, we can help you sell it quickly. You don’t have to hold on to an unused property in perpetuity if you work with a reliable cash home buyer.
Common Reasons Choose to Sell Inherited Homes
There are many reasons you may need to sell an inherited home. Perhaps your father or mother died after living in Kansas City, but you and your siblings live in other parts of the country. This problem happens all the time.
It’s risky to leave a house vacant for long periods of time because that makes the property vulnerable to wear and tear burglary, and depreciation. Plus, as long as you own the home, you’re responsible for the property taxes regardless of whether you live there. If a potential property stands to become more of a burden than a blessing, then it makes sense to sell it, enjoy the proceeds, and regain peace of mind.
Inherited a Home and Want to Sell? Follow These Steps
This section will be most helpful for clients in either Kansas or Missouri because cash purchases are regulated at the state level. These are the steps you should take to sell your home to a cash buyer.
- Get a quick appraisal of your home to find out what it’s worth. This does not have to take long or cost much. The goal is to identify the value of the home you inherited. That way you know the acceptable selling range, and nobody can take advantage of you.
- Clean the home as best as you can. Although it may be stressful to go through lots of belongings of a deceased relative, improving the home’s appearance will fetch the best possible offer. Consider staging the home with a professional stager if you want to go the extra mile with this.
- Once you know the value of the home and have it looking its best, contact KC Property Guys, and we’ll help you find a buyer. There are still many investors who want to buy, refurbish, and sell homes for profit. You can take advantage of this and unload an unwanted property.
Many Benefits to Selling When You Inherited a Home
There are several advantages to selling your home for cash. While there are drawbacks to any approach, we find the pros outweigh the cons, especially when it’s a home you don’t want to keep. You’ll enjoy bringing closure to the stressful experience when you find a cash buyer like KC Property Guys.
Here are a few reasons our clients appreciate our cash-buying services:
- It’s way faster than traditional home-selling avenues.
- You can sell it “as-is” rather than endure burdensome appraisal requirements.
- There are way fewer hassles with contingencies and other closing issues.
- Since the traditional process often involves buyers who require financing, you can avoid the risk factors associated with that when you use a cash buyer.
Sell your Inherited Home Now with the Help of KC Property Guys
The only risk you face if you decide to sell your inherited house to a cash buyer is choosing one that’s less reputable. That’s why it’s good to know a reliable buyer like KC Property Guys. Our entire reputation rests on providing fair market value for homeowners who want to sell their houses without tons of red tape, long waits, or other encumbrances.
How do you know we’re reliable? You don’t have to take our word for it when there’s a long list of positive reviews and testimonials for us. Real customers and clients appreciate our services so much that we enjoy a perfect 5-star rating on Google Reviews along with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Contact us today if you need help selling a house you inherited in the Kansas City area.